Successful Washington Employment Lawyer
At the Washington office of Terry A. Venneberg, Attorney at Law, we consistently provide effective representation for victims of employee discrimination and harassment.
If you are suffering from discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion or disability, or if you have been sexually harassed at work, contact us to discuss your situation. We will put over 15 years employment law experience to work for you.
Proven Record of Success
Among the results obtained by Mr. Venneberg in recent years on behalf of his clients are the following:
- Represented six employees in a case filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission involving claims of sexual harassment and retaliation, and obtained a settlement of $475,000 on behalf of those employees.
- Represented three former female employees of a teachers' union in a gender harassment case, also filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, who resolved their claims for payment of $750,000.
- Obtained a jury verdict in Superior Court in Tacoma, Washington, in the amount of $119,543 on behalf of an employee who was retaliated against for filing a workers compensation claim. The verdict included an award of $98,000 for emotional distress stemming from the dismissal.
- Represented two of the eight women who brought claims for sexual harassment resulting in a class action settlement between the EEOC and Horseshoe Lake Golf Course for $367.000.
- Obtained a settlement of $750,000 on behalf of a former Financial Advisor against the financial services firm Morgan Stanley on claims of gender discrimination and defamation.
- Represented the lead class member in a sexual harassment class action lawsuit filed by the EEOC which settled for payment of $470,000.
- Represented four employees of the State of Washington in a case alleging age discrimination which resolved for payment of $200,000.
- Represented six employees of the Annette Island School in Alaska in a case alleging race discrimination that resolved for payment of $442,500.
- Represented two women who were sexually harassed in their employment at a bowling lanes and casino in which a verdict of $565,000 was obtained.