Terry A. Venneberg Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
The Meet Market: Holding Effective Meetings
Meetings can and should be productive endeavors that foster a sense of camaraderie. How, you ask? Read on.
Blog of the Week
On April 4, New York State passed what is being hailed as the most comprehensive and generous paid family leave law in the country. The Paid Family Leave Insurance Act (A. 3870 / S. 3004) (“PFLIA”) will provide workers in New York State with up to 12 weeks of paid leave per year, to bond with a new child, or to care for a seriously ill family member. For military families, the leave time can be used to address legal, financial and childcare issues.
Thought for the Week
"Social networking is like a club. Twitter is the dance floor, Tumblr is the bar and Facebook is the people crying in the toilets."
List of the Week
from Online pays: How to get salary information online
Top Five News Headlines
- Where Did the Government Jobs Go?
- Chicago Public Schools making contingency plans for possible strike
- T-Mobile Accused of Fighting a Real Union by Creating a Fake One
- Where Jobs Are Squeezed by Chinese Trade, Voters Seek Extremes
- Supreme Court Broadens First Amendment Protections for Public Employees